Sunday, December 19, 2004

Oh the weather outside is frightful

So the overwhelming consensus among east coasters regarding my return from the west is that I simply must be a masochist. Perhaps twenty degrees doesn't seem cold to some folks (perhaps those indigenous to Saskatchewan) but to me, it is arctic. It may be partially due to the fact that I currently have to heat in my car. For whatever reason my thermostat simply does not wish to cooperate with me. In the 120 degree heat of an Arizona summer day it decided that it did not want to open and cool my engine, thus my car was overheating. Now that I need my car to be producing heat the blasted contraption has decided to stay open all the time---which means that my engine is not getting warm (since it is being constantly cooled by my incessantly open thermostat) and thus; I have no heat. Super, because we all know I adore cold weather. The hunt is on for a new job. Actually it has been for some time, but I have officially given my two weeks notice. Oh what a glorious feeling. I have never actually written a formal letter of resignation before, I suddenly felt very adult and important. I finally have the type of job where I actually have to "resign" and notify personnel --and of course I am resigning and notifying personnel....lol...Oh yeah, I've come a long way baby. The one thing that constantly pops into my head regarding my current position is that scene in "Office Space" where Peter confronts Jennifer Aniston's character Joanna about sleeping with Lumberg and he says..."my unholy pig of a boss---he represents all that is soulless and wrong!"...I think that sums it all up pretty well.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Guillermo said...

I've always wanted to write a letter of resignation. It would probably read:

"Dear Jerk-job,

Welcome to Dumpsville. Population-YOU.

P.S. I stole all the ink cartridges from the printers.

December 23, 2004 at 7:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home